For the past week I have been putting my “rig” together. Apparently, this is the term used for the technology in (passionate) social networking circles.
For me it’s just an excuse to buy some really cool gadgets, VAT reclaimable, through the business.
Here we go:
- Samsung NC10 (black) netbook – upgraded to 2mb RAM
- T-mobile Anywhere Business tariff 750min.
- T-mobile fast USB mobile broadband stick
- Blackberry 9100 Curve with a maxed out microSD media card. The nice thing here is that (with an SD adapter) you can easily transfer data and media between your NC10 and Blackberry
- Online everywhere – love it!
Leading SN (social networking) & SM (social media) sites
Before the list, here’s a word of advice – get a spreadsheet going for all of your login details – you’re going to need it.
facebook, myspace, youtube, flickr, digg, picasa, delicious, yelp, last fm, hulu, kiva, wordpress, twitter, friendfeed, linkedin, friends reunited, stumble upon, ecademy, google, yahoo, bing
That’s a start – want to see more visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_social_networking_websites
Remember – not all of the above are strictly SN sites, but they do have connecting actions for marketing. For example, I have just connected this blog to my LinkedIn account and my Google account picks up the relationship. There must be other links, as I find them I will let you know. If you know of some yourself then please let me know by return – thanks!
More next week…